Yesterday we went to the Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga. Jase was amazed at all the things he saw. He really just took it all in. Erin and I thought it was really neat too. They had everything from penguins to snakes (which seemed to be his favorite) to sharks and otters!
There was a building for the ocean and a building for the rivers so it was huge! We started at the ocean where right at the beginning they had a Forrest and Jase got to pet a snake...as you can see! I stood back since I do not like them :) Aunt Erin of course decided Jase needed to touch the snake! He at first grabbed for it and being the mother I am kind of freaked out! It was all good though. We continued on to the butterflies where over 100 species of butterflies were flying all around us! It was pretty neat.
We made our way through the Ocean scene to the waters. Every type of animal that lives in the ocean was in the tank. Jase really liked the sea horses and the jelly fish.
As you can see in the pictures, Aunt Erin let him touch the sharks, snakes and the sting rays! I had a bad experience once with sting rays. When I was a senior in high school, my mom and I went on a cruise and we were able to swim with the sting rays...well that lasted about 5 seconds for me. My mom looked over and I was swimming as fast as I could back to the boat. I was not a big fan. So Erin got to do all that fun stuff with Jase!
Jase even got to go in a shark cage. It was pretty neat. He thought he was a hit!
After the Aquarium we went to eat at Mellow Mushroom. It is a pizza place in downtown Chattanooga. That area is so neat. There is a ton of things to do for kids and adults. There is an area by the aquarium where water shoots out of the ground. We thought Jase might like to step on the water and get a little wet and of course he did!!
Tonight we went to the Rome Braves baseball game but we didn't stay too long. With a heat index of 105 and it being 7:00 at night it was just a bit hot for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment