The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Friday, July 30, 2010

A house full of BOYS!

That is right everyone. The results are in and the ultrasound was VERY apparent that we are expecting another boy! We had our first ultrasound appointment today and everything went very well. Jeff was 100% sure we were having a girl. He wouldn't even discuss boy names with me :) But like I said, we saw the parts and it's a BOY!
Jase is going to have a little brother. It is so neat that the two of them will be close enough in age so they will be able to be best buds! Jase will be such a good big brother. Yes they will fight like boys, but it will be so neat to see them grow up together.

Here are some of the pictures from the ultrasound today!!!










15 month check up for the man
Jase also had a big Dr's appointment this week. On Thursday he had his 15 month check up. We were a little late on going to the appointment by a month with all the stuff that has been going on, but we got there and he is doing great. He is 27.5 lbs and 33.5 inches long. That puts him in the 78 percentile for weight and around the 85 percentile for height. He is obviously not going to get my height. Thank goodness for that! I had many questions for the Dr like I always do, but she always has an answer for me. Jase's doctor has a daughter that is 2 months younger then him so that is comforting for me that she seems to go through the same things I am at about the same time. One thing we are concerned with is Jase's walking. He was doing really well before we moved to Grinnell, then we got here and he seemed to just want to crawl everywhere and not walk on his own. It was like he wasn't progressing at all. The day before the appointment, we go to walmart and what does he do...he wants to walk all over the place. In fact I had to pick him up to get him out the of the store. I couldn't believe it. It was like he knew we were getting to the point of frustration and we were starting to feel very sorry for the little man! So what does he do...walks all over. I still discussed it with her and she was not concerned at all :) What a relief! It is so crazy how Jeff and I worry nonstop about Jase. You just want the BEST for your kids!



Sad news about the girl is she has another UTI :( She had another accident inside and it was such a foul smell so we knew something was up. We took her to the vet today and she has another UTI so we have antibiotics for her. If she gets another one in 6 weeks or so they want to do xrays and see if it may be kidney stones. Poor girl. I hate it when she is sick. She is such a good pooch and we love her dearly. It is weird to talk about your dog like this but she was like our first "baby." I think a lot of you dog owners out there can relate. Hopefully these antibiotics will get her back to her old self!



Tomorrow we are headed to Cedar Rapids for Rachel's birthday. It should be fun to see her and her family. Have a good weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment