The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Jase turns 16 months...what a big boy!




Jase turned 16 months this week! What a big boy he is becoming! He is such a lover and so content and laid back. He loves to give hugs and kisses. He is just so happy!

Jase has been climbing on things like crazy lately. Apparently the backs of out couches are climbing walls for the boy. He also likes to have a conversation. He will say something and I will say "what buddy?" and he will say it again and I will agree with him. Most of the time I can figure out what he is saying. I think most moms out there can relate :) Jase has also been doing sign language. Experts say that is good for little ones. Daycare taught him to sign "more" so I have been keeping it up since I have been home with him. He is also signing "all done" when he is finished eating or wants to do something else! We always did say that when born he was T.A.G.

In the mornings Jase will wake up and say "Da Da" and Jeff will go into his room and get him. Both of their faces light up. Jeff loves it when Jase says "Da Da" in the mornings. Jase will then point to his passie that he throws on the floor sometime in the night because he wants da da to pick it up. It is so cute. Jeff brings Jase in our bed and we all just snuggle and lay there for a while before we start our day. What a way to wake up every morning. It is one of the BEST moments each day!



I could watch him sleep all the time.

Jase LOVES our Pug, Ady. Those two are likes peas and carrots. I am not kidding you either. It is almost like they have their own language and everything. They look out for each other. For instance, Jase will sign that he wants "more" of something whether it be fruit snacks or a cracker. I give him more and he gives it to the girl!!! He doesn't sign for himself, he signs for Ady! He loves to feed her. He also loves to topple on top of her when she is resting. Poor girl has decided when she is really tired she will just hide in the closet. So thanks Ady for being such a good girl. Ady also looks out for Jase too. If Jase is upset or just not being himself, Ady knows. She will sit by his side until he is okay. She also likes to sleep in his room when he is napping. I can only imagine when Jase gets a little older I am sure Ady will be HIS DOG.




We just love the little man so much. It seems impossible to love something so much. We can't wait for Jase to be a big brother either. He will be so good at the big brother role!



So happy 16 months to you Jase man. You amaze us every single day and we are all so proud of you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment