The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

That is right! Jeff and I are celebrating our 4 year anniversary today. I can't believe it has been 4 YEARS! We have been through so much and have grown together as a couple the past 10 years and as a family the past 4.

We have gone from dating in high school and college, being engaged, planning a wedding, deciding on where our careers will take us, getting married, anniversary one - finding the perfect pooch, anniversary two - finding out we are having a baby, having Jase in March 2009 and now preparing on baby number two in December 2010! Not to mention we have moved 4 times in the last 4 years. Jeff getting into Pharmacy school and graduating, and finding a job that brings us to Grinnell, Iowa! Who would have thought that is how our lives would take off?!?

Being together in high school and dealing with the things we dealt with then, don't even compare with what our daily lives our now. Back in high school we were worried about, "who was taking who to prom, or where is the party at tonight?" In college it was "what time are we going to meet at the bar so I have enough time to get ready?, or I totally failed that final." If I only knew that it was just a test, but it seemed like such a BIG TEST! Now it is "what time are you going to get off work so I can have dinner ready, take Jase for a walk, have the bath done and pj's on so we can sit down and relax by 8:00!?"

It is just crazy how things change, but it is so exciting! At the end of the day you always have the support of your better half. Like I said before, Jeff and I have been through a lot and I am sure we will go through much more. Who knows where our future will take us. Will I continue to stay home, go back to school or find a job I enjoy around here? Will Jeff move jobs within Hy-Vee, accept a Pharmacy position somewhere else or decide it is just not for him? As far as the kiddos go, we know they will and have been the center of our lives. Our days, nights, and weekends will be centered around our kids and that is how Jeff and I like it! We have been very fortunate to have great support from our family and friends throughout the years as well. So here's to you honey for the best 4 years anyone girl could ask for!

As for Jase and I we will be flying the friendly skies tomorrow afternoon headed to Georgia! For 10 days we will be away from here visiting Aunt Erin. She has many things planned for us and we can't wait! I will hopefully be updating the blog while I am there with pictures and details of our trip! Wish us luck on the plane! Hopefully the boy doesn't mind it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment