My dad celebrated his 66th birthday on Saturday. He is such a good father and grandfather. Ever since he was a teenager he has been "the man of the house" I guess you could say. His father passed away at such a young age that he had be strong for his mother for all of those years. That takes quite a man I would say.
Jase is helping Mema and Great-Mema Johny decorate the cake.
TCB has his own way of saying "Happy Birthday"
I am so grateful my dad and I have grown so close over the years. He is such a great support and would do absolutely anything for our family. Seeing him with the boys is an absolute joy! He loves to take them out and swing, rock them before naps, play in the sandbox, go on walks, go to the park, go to the circus and baseball games and go for car rides. He also loves to get them donuts and pretty much whatever they want! You never know what surprise Papa will bring out for them next! I guess that's what Papas are for, right!!??
As I sit here with my little boys and play with them and talk to them about Papa, I just can't imagine life without Papa/my dad in it. I can't even imagine what he went through losing his father at such a young age. My dad is so smart, funny and has such a great energy and outlook on life! I know I kept him on his toes through my teenage years and I am sure I have it coming :) I just want to say Thanks Dad for being the best father to my sister and I, grandfather to my boys, and just an amazing man to everyone that knows you! We all love you so much and this life is better with you in it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment