The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

        
I wanted to make my hubby happy and give him the best Father's Day ever. He really isn't hard to please at all, but since his weekend started on Thursday and he had a nice three day weekend, I thought I would try and give him a great Father's Day weekend. So a few grill outs and two sick kids later, I think his weekend went okay! We had a surprise visit from Aunt Erin on Thursday. She called on Wednesday afternoon and said she had the weekend off so I told her to head on back to Iowa. Erin has started her rotations for P.A. School and her first rotation was in Minnesota which isn't too far, so making the drive wasn't that bad for her!

When Jeff got home from work he kind of wanted time to relax and not do a whole lot so Erin and I took the boys to the pool and Jeff was able to do just that.  On Friday Erin and I took off for Indianola to see my parents and Jeff stayed here and played some golf and did some things around the house.  He doesn't put up a fight when I tell him I am going to take the boys and you can have some time to yourself!  Erin and I were going to take the boys to Adventureland but when we got to town, Jase felt very warm.  He ended up having a fever most of the weekend and just didn't feel like himself.  Poor buddy was trying so hard to play and feel better, but his head and body were telling him to relax and get some sleep.  He of course was able to swing on his tire swing (Old Blue) and do a few things with his brother in their yard, but you could just tell he didn't feel good.  On Saturday it was my Dad's birthday.  We (Erin, myself, and the boys) headed to the Farmer's market (one of my favorite things to do in Des Moines) while my dad and Jeff went and picked out a new grill!  Jeff was insisting my dad get a new grill for Father's Day since he is the one that grills on it when we come to town.  So in a way it was a new grill for Jeff too!  I think they had a good time picking one out and of course putting it to good use that evening and Sunday.

We ended up taking Jase to the doctor on Sunday (luckily we were in Indianola where there was a clinic open) and he has an ear infection.  Tyce is just getting over his and now Jase has one.  Usually how that works!  I'm sure that was not in plan for Jeff's great Father's day, but you could see his concern for his little man and he didn't want him to get worse.  

We ended up staying at my parent's house for most of the day and grilling out for lunch and headed back home around 2:00.  It was time to get home and get the ear infected kiddos settled in!

After taking care of 1.5 sick kids, I think Jeff had a good Father's Day. I hope he did anyway. His dedication to his work and how he ALWAYS puts on a happy face when he gets home (even when he walks in the door to screaming boys) just shows that he is an amazing father. He would do anything for his kids and myself and I am so lucky to have him as husband. How he interacts with his children brings a smile to my face everyday and I know the boys adore their father. Jeff you are an amazing man and I will never be able to thank you enough for what you do for our family. I love you very much!

The second after Jeff became a father! I love this picture because you can see the happiness in his face!


Jase Jackson

Tyce Charles




 

No comments:

Post a Comment