The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Monday, June 18, 2012

Gymnastics

The boys have started their summer session of gymnastics.  Notice I said the boys because Tyce now gets to do it too since he turned 18 months on the 6th.

Tyce is a little more of the crazy child, which all of you know by now!  I honestly have no pictures to post of him as of yet at gymnastics because I can't leave his side for a quick moment to take one, and to be honest I forget my camera during his class!  He is in the class that Jase just finished up before summer, and of course loves it.  He is kind of all over the place I guess you could say.  He is used to running around the gym during Jase's class because that is what he was able to do when he wasn't old enough, but now he needs to understand it is more of a structured environment.  Right, explain that to an 18 month old!!  And poor Jase, has to come with me since I don't have anyone to watch him and he has to sit on the side and watch and wait for a whole hour until his class!  He does very very well at waiting patiently though.  Tyce is definitely strong.  He is able to hold himself up on the rings and bars without any assistance.  He is also fast.  That little nugget can run quick and get away from anything!  He hasn't quite gotten all the trampoline techniques down yet but those will hopefully come later!

PICTURES OF TYCE TO FOLLOW :) 


Jase is growing up!  He gets to go to class all by himself now.  When it is time for his class, they all line up in a single file and wait for the instructor to tell them it is time to go.  I have watched from the window outside the gym and he does a very good job.  I have to duck at times because I don't want him to see me in case he would want to leave.  Kori, his instructor, assures me that he does a great job and I believe he really does.  Another neat part of the preschool gymnastics is after the class they have the option to stay and eat lunch with each other for a half hour and then it is free play.  He comes out of class dripping with sweat.  Jase loves to help me pack his lunch every morning before class and he carries his box with him.  He is tired out by the end since he is there from 10-1!  He is such a little man.  He is growing up so fast and too fast!


Making lunch...PB&J, string cheese, grapes and strawberries and bugles with apple juice and bottled water.



Hanging from the bar...ready to go in the pit.





I am one proud mama of both my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment