Jase turned 6 on the 20th of March but between Florida and Easter, having his party on a "free" weekend didn't happen until April. Minecraft seems to be the "thing" 6 year olds are in to. Why though, I have no idea, but whatever the kids want for the birthday parties, Jeff and myself try our best to make it happen. We let Jase pick 5-6 friends from school to come to his party. Talk about a tough decision for a 6 year old to make. "But Mom, I want everyone even Mrs. Huff to come to my party." This is the conversation Jase and I frequently had. As much as I would love to have 24 six year olds running in my house (insert sarcasm), 5 will have to do.
He finally completed his list. Three girls and three boys. Holy Moly these kids have energy. Thankfully my parents took Hayden for her first overnight by herself. Tyce of course wanted to stay and play! I tried to think of some "structured" games for them to play, but those went out the door as soon as everyone arrived. All they wanted to do was play, play, play. Thankfully it was gorgeous out that day so they were able to do a lot of things outside. We did have them make their own pizzas for lunch which ended up being a great idea that the kids also enjoyed. I also had a minecraft cake and snacks for them to enjoy throughout the party. I think one of the little girls, Sage, had enough chocolate for the rest of the year! These kids have such an imagination. Sitting back and watching them play was as exciting as getting ready for the party. You get to know which kids are the leaders and the followers and which kids like to be "the boss." It is pretty entertaining. They all played together real well, thankfully. There were no fights or nasty drama that I remember having when I went to my friends' birthday parties as a kid. I guess those parties will come in the future. In fact, Jeff overheard one of the little girls say, "this is the best party I've ever been to." Not really sure what we did that was so fun, but we must have done something right.
We opened gifts and by the time Jase was able to look through all of his gifts it was time for everyone to go home. Talk about an exhausting couple of hours. It is all worth it to see my little man with the biggest smile on his face.



No comments:
Post a Comment