The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Hayden Mae turns 2

Sorry for the delay in posting.  We were having some computer issues so it put a small break in my blogging!
This was Hayden at 9 months

Our little miss turned two on March 27th.  I remember when she was born.  Having everything planned with a c-section, you know your baby will arrive sometime in the morning.  She arrived at 7:57 AM weighing 8lbs 11oz.  We knew she might be a bit bossy from day one.  She hated her bath, she had a very set feeding schedule and when she didn't want to nap, she wouldn't.  Still to this day that is pretty much how she rolls.  Having two older brothers, it makes sense that she would have a bit of a "bossy" side to her.  They definitely have an eye on her, which I am sure will continue throughout her life!

This is Hayden on her 2nd birthday...what a difference two years can be. 


We have been working with her on saying "how old are you, Hayden?" She would respond with saying two while holding her two fingers up at us.  She wasn't really too excited when it was her actual birthDAY because we were in Florida for that actual day.  I don't know a lot of little girls that were able to spend their second birthday under a cabana enjoying the Florida sun! Her party was the weekend before we left and she definitely knew that her birthday party was all about her.  I had a gold and pink colored theme for her day.  I spotted a cake I loved and went from there.  It ended up great and she was so happy.


   

Hayden stole her daddy's heart from the second she was born.  The second he walks in the door after work, her bright green eyes open wide with the biggest smile on her face.  Being that she is the youngest and the only girl, I am sure you can imagine how her father is with her.  I mean she can do no wrong, right.  Maybe to her dad that might be the case (sometimes), but the little miss has had her moments as all two year olds tend to have.  She pretty much likes it her way and when mommy tells her "no" she gets angry.  She likes to throw her body on the floor thinking that will change my mind, but when it doesn't she will eventually give up.  Like I said before she likes to boss her brothers around too.  Her famous line is "stop it boys" or "no Ady." I think her and I spend a lot of time together!  Probably too much.

This was the face Hayden would make after opening every gift.  She could have opened an empty box and she would still have the same expression.

Hayden does have one of the biggest hearts ever.  She is so, so sweet.  It's the little things she says and does.  I will randomly see her taking a towel and cleaning my floor.  She always picks up after herself too.  She doesn't like a mess...also something she gets from her mother.  As soon as we walk in the door, she immediately has to take her shoes off and place them where they go.  One of the cutest things she does is when someone coughs or sneezes, she says " mommy okay?" or "daddy okay?"  She gives you this sweet look as she tilts her head and says that with such sincerity.  The girl can talk your ear off too.  It is pretty amazing how well she can talk and how well she can form sentences and how well she is understood!  She still eats just about anything and according to her well check visit she is in the 97th percentile for height.  It is funny when I take her or any of the kiddos for their well checks.  They can't believe from seeing me being 5'1" that I had babies that are so big!  They know us so well (since we have been so sick this year) so they know their dad is not a small man!  Hayden brings nothing but joy to our family.  Obviously having a girl has been so much fun and so different than boys.  I love everything about buying pink instead of blue and putting Piggy's in her hair.  She is truly a blessing to us and our whole family.

Hayden was so exhausted the day of her party.  She refused to put her hair up or wear a tutu.  I guess since it was her day it was her way. 


To our little miss Hayden Mae,

You are TWO...yes TWO.  We remember so well the day we met you.  You came right on your scheduled day.  Wouldn't want to surprise us then but you sure do now!  You are a smart little thing miss Mae.  You have the prettiest green eyes and the best skin.  I know that sounds funny but that is what everyone tells us.  You have that olive skin color that all girls wish they could have.  Basically it means you are tan all the time without even trying.  You'll know what I mean one day:)   We've called you Little Miss, Miss Mae and little sis and you respond to all three.  In fact our friends even call you Little Miss and that seems to be what you prefer.  You love to give BIG hugs and kisses.  You always say "mommy kisses " or "daddy kisses," and you pucker up waiting for us to give you a kiss.
I don't think we will have to worry too much about people bothering you.  You have two older brothers that absolutely adore your and will do anything for you, so your dad and I always joke that they won't let anyone pick on you.    Not to mention if they aren't around to protect you, I'm pretty sure you will be able to hold your own ground.  You have the cutest little piggy's that I insist on putting on your hair everyday.  You don't seem to mind though.  You are so cute Hayden Mae.  Don't let that get to your head though.  Haha.  Keep your eyes wide open and your head high.  You will seriously move mountains one day!  We are so blessed to have you in our life.  I can't wait for the days when we can have daughter/mom dates where we go get our nails done and have a girls day.  Your dad laughs about how expensive we will be one day:). Then he comments after that sayings will be so worth it though.  You are such a daddy's girl.  In fact when mommy and daddy are both in the room, mommy doesn't even exist!  You stole his heart from the second we knew we were having you.   We can't wait for the dance recitals, volleyball games and/or any interests you have.  We 100% support you in every way!
We are so proud of you Miss Mae! Thanks for being you my love!

Love you so very much,
Dad and Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment