The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Little moments

I had a moment last night that will most likely stick with me forever.  Jeff had to work late so I was with the kids all day.  We were outside most of the day and of course when it is time to calm down for the evening and do pj's and bedtime, the kids tend to go crazy.  In other words, they like to the opposite of what you tell them to do.  Out of nowhere I had the worst stomach ache to the point I couldn't move or I would vomit.  Thankfully Hayden was already in bed and I just had the two boys still up. We went up to my bed and watched a movie and I started to drift off to sleep.  The boys knew I was sick.  Them not knowing I could still hear them, I overheard Jase tell Tyce to put a blanket over me so I could sleep, they whispered in my ear that they loved me and hope I feel better tomorrow.  That was enough to make me tear up.
After the movie was over, I knew I had to get up to get them in bed.  Jase, being the big brother he was, tucked little Tyce into bed. He put his arm around him until he fell asleep.  He looked at me sitting at the end of the bed and said "Mom, I got this. We are fine now.  You can go to bed."  For some reason I felt so sad and so happy at the same time about this.  My Jase put on his big brother pants and filled the role as big brother perfectly.  My boys are growing up and have the biggest hearts.  One proud mom here!  Just another reason I love them to pieces!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment