Our little guy Tycer finished his first year of preschool. If you remember when I posted about his first day, Jeff and myself were very unsure about how the school year would go. He would cling to our leg for at least the first two weeks. We were worried he would hate it and would not be able to adjust. He definitely proved us wrong. In fact, he adjusted better than his brother. He loved school and loved seeing his friends every other day. We couldn't be happier with how well Tyce did in preschool. The teachers had nothing but great things to say about him and the number of friends he made were pretty amazing. He even went to his first birthday party for his friend Max and he loved every second of it. Again, he surprised us with the fact that he wanted to go by himself to a house he had never been. We knew his parents so we were okay with him going by himself, we were just surprised he wanted to go by himself. It was pretty exciting for Jeff and myself too when a few weeks later the child's mom stopped me at school drop off for JASE and told me how polite Tyce was and how sweet of a kid we have. It melts my heart when I hear those things. It is pretty amazing what the teachers do with these little kids. After visiting school, I couldn't believe how they keep them busy every minute of the day. When I say every minute, I mean every minute. There schedule is written out and every minute is accounted for. I have a great appreciate for preschool teachers. It takes a special someone to do what they do. Tyce was able to adjust wonderfully, and was able to meet the expectations of his first year at school! We are so proud of our little guy! We are thrilled to go through one more preschool adventure next year with him!

Jase just finished his last day of KINDERGARTEN. I never thought I would say that we would have a first grader. I mean that is kind of a big deal (according to Jase). Choosing a school for Jase was a big decision for us. Deciding if we wanted to do year around or have him attend a school that did the traditional school calendar was tough. We knew right away we made the right decision of him going to year around. His teacher, Mrs. Huff, was absolutely amazing and was keeping us informed on how well Jase was progressing. I wish he could have Mrs. Huff every year! I can't say enough wonderful things about her. Jase had a wonderful first year at Irving. He made some amazing friends and achieved so much in just a year. The things they teach kindergartners is pretty amazing. The fact that he is able to read in kindergarten, add and subtract and use his little brain to problem solve things I couldn't even imagine doing just blows me away. That crazy little head of his would always come up with something funny to say. He can always make us laugh. We found out this wasn't something he just did at home either. He seemed to make everyone at school, including Mrs. Huff, laugh at the things he would say. She told us at one of his conferences that she couldn't wait to get to school to see what he would say. When Mrs. Huff started teaching, she didn't join Jase's class until mid October because she was on maternity leave. She said that seeing Jase made coming back to school so much easier because he was such a sweet heart. This made Jeff and myself so incredibly proud. We always knew he had a big heart at home but for him to show it at school really melts our heart. Jase finished school with a bang and ended the year with a week full of fun activities. They went to a movie at the movie theater, had a day full of Olympic like activities at Simpson College and had their last day at a park where we went to see him graduate from Kindergarten. We now officially have a first grader. If Jase keeps his chin high and his outgoing personality, we have nothing but great expectations for the little man!

No comments:
Post a Comment