
Her daddy says that Miss Mae has totally been banned from the kitchen due to numerous face plants and profusely bleeding of the mouth. In one day she face planted two times when I was gone and Jeff was watching her. We joke about it now that whenever she tries to go in the kitchen, she needs to move herself back to the living room floor where it is carpeted. She has definitely proofed her point that she is going to move around anywhere no matter what you try to say and do. Another thing we notice about her is that she totally has a like for the females in her life, but the males not so much except her daddy. She gets this strange face like "why are you holding me and talking to me?" when another man besides her daddy holds her or talks to her. Otherwise with the gals, she is totally fine and loves to just eat up all the compliments of how cute she is and what a good baby she is. Hopefully that won't go to her head this early! Jase and Tyce absolutely love being older brothers and they protect her so much (hoping that continues). Jase more so than Tyce but over the past month even we have seen changes in Tyce with how gentle he is with her and how he tries so hard to please her.
Since she is getting her two front bottom teeth, she thinks it is okay to chew on anything such as the boys' train tracks, Ady's rubber bones and ANYTHING she can fit in her mouth. Poor little miss had a rough few weeks with getting those teeth. Plus it didn't help we shipped her off to my parents for a day or two so we could focus on Tyce while he recovered from his tonsil removal.
She is following in her mother's footsteps so far in the fact that she loves to dance. She will hear any kind of music and she is shaking her body back and forth to the beat of the song. It is absolutely adorable. I forget how cute they are at this stage. She is starting to get that personality and really showing how cute she can be! Hayden is also so close to walking. She crawls so fast that you have no idea where she ends up and she loves to push walkers and really anything she can get her hands on around the house. Within the next couple of months she will be walking for sure. She loves to be heard and has the voice from the McGaffin side of the family. I say that because most of the McGaffin side (my mom's side) were so very loud and you could hear them all from miles away. I know she picked that up from their side!!
Miss Mae is so fun to have around and she brings so much happiness to everyone. She is really able to hold her own with her brothers and doesn't put up with their craziness. She will definitely be the boss of the three and I think the boys already know that since they she is wrapped around their fingers as well as her daddy's.
I absolutely love having a girl around. It is amazing the difference between a boy and a girl, even at such a young age. She is so calm and gentle and I definitely have a different relationship with her than I do the boys. Yes, I love all three of them the same, but the closeness I have with Hayden is so different and one of a kind. We love you Missy and we are so blessed that you are part of our lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment