The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Monday, December 9, 2013

Happy Birthday Tyce

As I sit here and think about how fast time has gone since we had our little man Tyce, I really can't believe it.  He is 3 already and there is no way to slow down time.  I remember so well the day he was born.  In fact the eve of his birthday this year I sent a message to my mother-in-law telling her how I remember that night so clearly.  She drove all the way to Grinnell to watch Jase and brought us Chinese for my "last" meal before my C-section.  I remember sitting in our living room with a heating pad on my back (dang pinched nerve) and talking to her as I tried to be calm but really I was a little freaked.  I am sure she could tell but she was great at keeping my mind off of what was to come the next day.  I had all sorts of emotion.  Sadness that Jase was not going to be the only child anymore, guilt that Jase would not get as much attention, fear that something might go wrong in surgery with me or the baby.  But when at day arrived and I am lying on the table, I look at my son for the first time, and all those emotions went away.  I was literally swept away with joy, happiness and unconditional love.  Tyce was a free spirit and one of kind from the very beginning.  He has taught me more about life and love than I could ever learn by myself.  The tremendous brotherly love that he shows his brother can not be explained.  I knew when I brought him home, Jase and Tyce would be friends for life.


Well three years have passed and Tyce continues to be a free-spirit/one of kind/crazy/omg nutso!!  He can keep me going all day (and some nights even)  He has a mind of his own and definitely likes to express it.  Tyce is the most energetic boy I have ever known. He will begin his mornings at 6 a.m. by coming in to our room while Jeff is getting ready for work and immediately starts slamming doors and asking a million questions about the day.  He finally will settle down after I put an episode of Curious George on the T.V.  The kid could watch George all day.  His famous saying is "we should watch one more George."  Tyce very much likes to have things in place or where HE thinks they should go.  He has an issue with picking up though so it is kind of surprising he is so picky that the lights have to be turned on, the pillows have to be on the bed and laundry must be in the laundry basket.  I gets when I say he keeps me on my toes....this is a good example of how.  Tycer's favorite food is spaghetti and ice-cream.  He could eat those two things all day everyday.  The little man is so darn skinny though.  We finally decided to take him in to the doctor to find out what the heck was going on.  Turns out he gained a totally of 1 whole pound since last year, but we also found out some other news.  His tonsils are the size of golf balls.  They are huge.  We were referred to the ENT and he advised us to remove them and it would help with a number of things that this kiddo is going through right now.  We took the ENT's advice and he is going to get them removed on December 27th.  Poor buddy will be sore for a few days but hopefully the result will make is worth it.

Tyce still enjoys wrestling his brother, talking baby talk to his sister (if he isn't trying to tackle her) and loves to play with any kind of train, car or airplane.  He also looooves to watch movies.  Especially Christmas ones.  So do I so it is hard to fight with him on that one!  Tycer has a mind of his own.  He is so darn smart that sometimes you question what you just said or did because he might call you out on it.  We have hit the stage (gosh I hope it is just a stage) where Jase will tell Tyce to do something bad or something he knows I will get mad about, and Tyce does it.  Oh the joys of a 4 (almost 5 year old) and a 3 year old.  And boys too!!  He will be signing up for preschool next year so that will give him something to look forward too.  Not going to lie, sometimes mommy and Tyce need a break from each other.  Jeff says him and I are so alike and that is why!!  Tyce is really a good kid and he still likes to snuggle and hug and gives THEEE best kisses.  He can really pucker up those lips and give you a nice smooch!!

To our dearest Tyce-
We were so blessed three years ago that you came in to our lives.  You fill our home and our hearts with so much joy and you make us laugh by the things you say and do.  Yes, mommy and daddy have our days with you but every parent has that with their child.  We want what is best for you and what will make you a better person.  You are such a happy boy and you love your family so much.  You keep your mommy on her toes all day but I need that so thank you.  Keep up your energy and your strong mind.  That will take you so many places.  You are our free spirit and always my little Tycer!  We love you!
Love,
Dad and Mom
P.S. your brother and sister love you so very much











 

No comments:

Post a Comment