The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year from the Bates Family




The top ten reasons 2013 was the best year yet!

As I reflect on 2013, I can't believe how fortunate and blessed I am.  We have had so many changes in our lives that we have been grateful for
I thought I would do something different and do a top ten list of 2013.



1.  We were blessed with a healthy baby girl in March 2013.  Life has been crazy, but beautiful since we welcomed Miss Hayden Mae in to this world.




2.  Jase has started his second year of preschool, and has became the most outgoing leader of the class we could ever imagine.




3.  Tyce has come quite the talker and mister independent.  He is able to do so many things on his own and we see the changes daily in this kiddo.



4.  Ady is healthy and walking...which is what we want to see after her all of a sudden surgery and constant rehab.  We love our Ady girl.

5.  As mentioned last year, we were able to move back to Indianola where our families live.  It has been so amazing to be close to everyone again.  We love having our children be so close to their grandparents and aunts.






6.  I started a job that I absolutely love.  I am able to be a full time stay at home mom, but I am also able to get out twice a week and talk to adults and have some interaction with others.  I love my kids more than anything, but I also enjoy being able to get out a few times a week.  Plus, I have met some amazing co-workers and could task for better friends!  I am also grateful l that my mom is able watch the kids while I go to work.  It wouldn't be possible without her help!

7.  My sister moved back.  My sister Erin has been away for so many years, she finally moved closer. Not back to Indianola but so much closer, Muscatine.  She finished PA school last June and accepted a position at the hospital in Muscatine working in the Orthopedic department.  She is also helping with the urgent care and was able to help out with the high school football team with athletic training (which is what she did before)  She loves her job and is super busy so we don't see her as much as we like, but we are so glad she is close and she won't miss another holiday with us.  Plus she got a new puppy named Billi Rubin.  He is such a cute addition to the family and makes Erin so happy.







8.  Aunt Jessica bought a place in Norwalk, Iowa which is about 15 minutes from us.  This is her first place she has bought so she is really making it her own.  She is able to help out with the kids as much as she can.  That girl leads a busy life of working two jobs and playing co-ed sports. We are grateful for Aunt Jessica.




9.  Being so incredibly close to our friends that mean the most. We couldn't ask for better friends/support system than the people we love the most. Yes, we had to say goodbye to some of our best friends that moved to Minneapolis, but we are also able to be close to some of our greatest friends in swisher, Des Moines and good ole Indianola.  We are able to see them more often then ever thought
 Even seeing Jeff's best friend was a highlight of the year.  Jeff and I were able to take a long weekend and go to his best friends wedding in California.  We had an amazing time and can't thank him and his family enough for everything they did to make our weekend so wonderful and memorable.





10.  Having a place to call home with Christ in every decision we make.  We are so blessed to finally feel settled in a place we want to raise our kids and asking The Lord himself was the only way of finding out if this was the right decision to make.  It is amazing how prayer really works and answers the questions you have always wondered.  We feel so incredibly blessed with the surrounding love and support and our family is so important to us.  I am so happy with how far we have come with three kiddos and an Ady.








We wish nothing but the best for our friends and family.  We hope 2014 brings you happiness!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment