The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Girl

Ady is doing great!  Her surgery was a success and now we are having to do rehab with her along with some laser therapy to help with the swelling and the drainage that forms around the bones.  She was away from us for about two days and for those two days I was a wreck!!  I was constantly calling for updates and seeing how she was doing.  It would break my heart to know she was in pain and in a place she didn't know without us!!  Today we have her first laser treatment and Friday we go for her first rehab.  She is pretty restricted to "cage rest" they call it.  This is similar to someone on bed rest.  This is for the next two weeks.  Then she will start to do more things on her own.  She is on pain medication as well and a pretty strict diet!  Apparently she is a little husky and dropping her weight will help with the rehab and really help improve her life!! We want her here forever!!  Ever since we had the boys that like to accidentally drop food on the ground for her, she has put on a few pounds!  Like I said before she is staying with my parents and she is doing great over there.  This morning I called and got a quick update and she is starting to get back to her old self.  She woke my mom up early because she was hungry!  Poor girl thinks she is starving now that her food has been cut down!!  This doesn't surprise me at all, but at least I know she is getting back to her self again.  I miss her at home though and I want her back as soon as she is able to be around two crazy boys and a mom that is about to pop!  I can't thank my parents enough.  This is just another situation where we like to ask "what would we have done if we weren't back in Indianola?"  Both Jeff and my parents have helped in many ways since we have been back!

Here are a couple pictures of the girl! She is so cute!    

1 comment:

  1. Oh no Ady girl! I hope she gets to feeling better soon! I love that your life is as crazy as mine!lol Always something thats for sure!

    ReplyDelete