We celebrated Jase's 4th birthday this weekend. Since it is getting close to baby time and between my appointments and Ady's we thought we would celebrate J-man's big day a little early! Plus if I go into labor early (I could only wish), at least we would have already had his birthday. This year we had a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Hot Diggity Dog birthday party as requested! We had everything from Hot Diggity Bar Hot Dog bar, to Mickey Mouse CLUB sandwiches, cupcakes (also as requested) and ice-cream. Jase is in the phase where if you get him excited about something too soon he will constantly ask "is it time for my party yet," over and over again so Jeff and I decided not to tell him it was his birthday party until the night before! He was pretty psyched! We had a great day with all the family and our friends Echo and Larry Jansen from Grinnell were even able to come. That made it extra special! They were very involved with the boys when we lived in Grinnell so we do consider them part of the family! They love the boys and we all enjoy their company! Of course we couldn't have a bit of a road block before the party either. On Friday we had the cupcakes all ready to be decorated and I get a call from Jeff as I am taking Ady to therapy, "um we have a problem. Tyce just dumped over all the cupcakes and the frosting completely fell off." I was pretty specific how I wanted the frosting on the cupcakes because of the way I wanted to decorate them, but to be honest I wasn't surprised. My husband, being the amazing man that he is, fixed them! If that was all that was going to go wrong, I wasn't going to complain! Jase had a wonderful birthday, and got a ton of clothes, Toy Story characters (Buzz and Woody), cars of all sorts, a scooter and just about anything a 4 year old could want. We are giving him his bike for his actual birthday so that will be something else he can look forward to on his actual BIG DAY.





I think we blew out the candles 3 or 4 times! Happy Birthday to the sweetest 4 year old I know!
No comments:
Post a Comment