We thought we would wait it out for a couple days especially since this was Jeff's week off so we were both here to keep an eye on her. By Wednesday she wasn't getting any better. She never cried so I don't think she was in pain (Gosh at least I hope) but she would limp on it. As we would say she had a bad tire! We took her in to the vet on Wednesday morning thinking they may put her in some type cast or sling, but instead they moved her right in to x-ray. The vet came back with not the best but could be worse news. She said she tore her ACL and has some arthritis in the back left leg (as Pugs get) and there is a surgery and rehab that can fix this. My stomach literally dropped. After the vet left the room so Jeff and I could discuss what we thought to do I broke down. I just felt so sorry for her. I know she is just my dog but she is more than that to me. Obviously we want what is best for her and we want to do what the vet recommends. I am sure everyone out there reading this is thinking that has to cost a ton. Yes, but to be honest that didn't even come across our minds! I truly believe when you take in a pet of any kind you have to be willing and able to take care of your pet as if were your child. The procedure is taking place today and lasts about 3 hours. They will place a string like "thingy" in her back leg to help correct the tare. Obviously this will not fix the problem totally. She will have about a 2-3 month recovery and rehabilitation. The timing couldn't be worse either. How the heck am I supposed to help rehab my dog, take care of two boys and a baby??! We will see...we will see. My parents have thankfully been willing to take Ady under their wing while she heals. I want her around here as much as possible too so she can get used to the big changes that are coming her way. But staying with my parents will give her the full attention she will need as long as they don't excite her too much! Ady, just like the boys, loves to see Mema and Papa.
Needless to say, I have been a hot, pregnant mess today. My poor little girl lying so helpless on a table just breaks my heart. I know it is just a minor surgery and she will get to come home in a couple days but it is times like this when you say, I wish I didn't get so mad at her when she was constantly barking at the neighbors or when I get upset with her because I would finally get the boys settled down and Tyce down for a nap she would scratch to go outside when all I wanted to do was sit down for the first time. I miss her already and I literally dropped her off 4 hours ago but I know she is in good hands and will be home before we know it.
One of my favorite pictures of the girl! She pretty much thinks she rules the house...which she does! We love you girl and we will see you very soon :)
No comments:
Post a Comment