10. Jase completed his first year of Tee wee baseball with Indianola Little league and his second year of Tiny Kickers soccer. He also was asked to play on a flag football team which was awesome!! Jeff was able to help coach so that made it even more special!
9. Since one of my best friends went through months of tough training and did awesome at a body building competition we celebrated by taking a girls weekend. Two dear friends of mine went to Kansas City for a long weekend of girls time while my hubby spent the weekend fishing with the boys and a lot of outside time!
Sorry for the pics Rachel. If I embarrass you!! You look so awesome though!
8. Little Miss is now 15 months and we can't get enough of her sweet face. She loves to eat, is a great sleeper and has quite the charm about her. Her favorite food is pretzels and donuts and she loves to go to the Y every morning!
7. Our crazy man Tycer is quite the ladies man. Everywhere he goes rather it be the Y or a get together with our friends, he has a new girlfriend. Reese, Paige, Ellie or Carson. He likes them all!! He is so sweet though so I'm sure his little charming self wins over those girls.
6. Get togethers with our friends. One of the best things about being in Indianola is there is always something to do. Every month or at least every other we get an adult night on a Sunday where 15 of us go to one of our favorite restaurants, Ohanas Steakhouse. It is definitely a highlight for Jeff and myself to get that little bit of adult interaction WITHOUT the kiddos. Every other weekend we get together (usually with the same group) except it is with our kids as well. Everyone takes a side dish and we take turns on who's house we go to. We do swimming pools, fires with s'mores and a little of this and that. We look forward to these times because we know our kids love them too.
5. Seeing the Heidemans. Last weekend we took the kids and headed to Nebraska for a small reception for Jeff's best friend Darin from college. We were fortunate enough last year to spend time with them when they got married in California so this last weekend was a nice little reception for them and for the friends that couldn't make it to California. We were so excited to see the two of them again since it had been almost a year since we saw them last. We gained a lot of friends and met a lot of people so it was great. Jeff's parents also went so it was nice of them to take the kids back early and Jeff and I stayed out. It was a day and night of talking, boating, swimming (kiddos), drinking and a lot of laughs!
4. Iowa Cubs games. We were able to take the kids to the Iowa Cubs game finally. One of many games this summer I am sure. My parents got us tickets and we went along with them. We let Jase take his friend, Kasey as well. It was fun for the kids and after the cotton candy, popcorn, hot dogs and peanuts within the first two innings, they were just ready to watch some good baseball!
As you can see the boys are trying to lift the baseball attached to the ground. Best quote of the night out of Kasey's mouth was, "My dad does crossfit, I bet he can lift it!"
3. Splish and Splash!
2. We wuv the Y. I say it that way because every morning when we go to the Y, Tycer says it exactly that way. They really do enjoy going to our new Y and I enjoy it as well. All three have become attached to the child watch employees and it works out for me so I get the time to exercise without having three kiddos to watch at the same time. We also have been taking the kiddos to a new babysitter on the days I work (Wednesday's and Fridays). My mom has to have back surgery and can't quite take on the responsibility of three little ones while she is going to rehab and the surgery. Not sure why!!!! Just kidding mom!! They are getting better each time we go to Angie's. The easiest thing would be to quit my job but I just can't. I enjoy it too much and I have met so many wonderful people!!
1. Love our summers. We have so much more to look forward to this summer. We have a trip to Okoboji coming up, the zoo, Adventureland, Jeff is headed to Colorado with some friends for a bachelor party, and Jeff and I are going to Mexico in August. We love our summers and hope it doesn't go by too fast! We love our friends and family too. You are the ones that make us smile everyday!!















No comments:
Post a Comment