The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Settling...kind of

With all the chaos over the past month we are still trying to settle in to our new home.  Everything from starting a new routine to hanging pictures has been a challenge with the holidays and the running around that always happens in the month of December.  Talk about an expensive month we have had!!  Moving costs, plus a new car, plus Tyce's birthday, plus Christmas.  I hope this is it for a while...at least until March!
I think we are getting settled minus the decorating, which is my favorite thing to do so I am eager to get a move on with that.  So far it has been great.
We have moved a lot...as you all know and so I was pretty picky with what I wanted and fortunately this house had it!  We were going to build and we were very eager and ready to do so, but I was not going to wait.  I wanted to find a place and be settled in before baby comes.  Plus, building my "dream house" right now seemed impossible with two boys that like to destroy things!!!  I didn't want a Ranch style home because I wanted 4-5 bedrooms but I wanted all the kiddos on the same floor.  Also, coming from a (kind of) Ranch style, I think it will be nice to have the living area on one level with the bedrooms on the other.  So far I was right.  The boys have been sleeping great in their rooms and Jeff and I are able to be in the living area without feeling like we are being too loud or disturbing them.  This way if one of the kids are up, they won't disrupt the other either.  I didn't quite feel comfortable putting anyone downstairs.  We will have to wait a few years for that!  Our basement is not finished so right now it is an office/playroom for the boys and they loooove it!
I also wanted a formal type of dining area.  That seems hard to find anymore!  I like to have an area to sit and eat in the kitchen but it is also nice to have a place where the whole family can go and sit around the table without any disruptions for dinner!  Some added bonuses to this house include a large pantry, fire pit (Jeff's favorite) and the master closet is the same size/length as an entire wall.  That part is pretty awesome!

Here are some pictures.  Keep in mind we are still "settling" and I hope to get it all complete after the holidays.  I know that is a lame excuse but it just seems like I will have time then...hopefully...maybe:)

This is the view from the kitchen to the family room.  We talked about mounting the TV because we are getting another piece of furniture for the back/bare wall but I kind of like seeing the TV from the kitchen!! 

Here is my kitchen...love! 

Our front part of the dining room.  

The formal dining area...with a built in are for my buffet and hutch.  Disregard the tubs! 

My buffet and hutch all Christmas ready.  I love the colors she chose in here so that is a plus!   

The master bedroom.  If you look behind our bed that entire back wall is the closet with two doors.  If it pretty great!  Also, there is a sitting area under the window and we requested the pillows since the previous owner had them custom made.  Come to find out she paid over $1000.00 for the pillows.  I think I will be getting a new comforter set to match the pillows rather than getting new pillow covers to match my $60.00 comforter set.  The master bath is purple and my hubby isn't a big fan so that will be painted.


The boys' bathroom/guest bath 

Jase's room

Tyce's room...will need painted

Baby girl's room.

Another view of the family room.

Family room.

Family room with the missing spot where the love seat is going.  
We also have a half bath downstairs and a large entry way.  I found it difficult to take pictures of those.  I am not sure how realtors do it!  

This is home sweet home.  So far it has been great and we need to do some painting and decorating which is the stuff I really enjoy so I am excited to make this our home!! 




    

No comments:

Post a Comment