The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

That old Tree


When I was in 3rd grade, each student in my class was given a tree to plant.  I remember how excited I was to tell my dad and mom and discuss with them what tree (we were given the option of two different kinds) I was going to plant.  That tree has been in my parent's backyard ever since we planted it.  I watered it and took very good care of it.  I even put a little fence around it so when I mowed the yard, I wouldn't run over it with the mower.
Now that old tree stands tall for my boys.  It has held strong through multiple storms and crazy winds.  I am so glad it has since my boys love it so much.  They swing on that tree for hours and hours.  The tree gives them shade too, and this way they can play under it with their toys.  I'm so glad I planted that tree.  At the time I planted it, I thought it was just a stick in the ground, but now I see the importance of That old Tree!      



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment