Back when I was well not a wife, not a mom and really didn't have a whole lot of responsibility (although I sure thought I did), I was a college student at UNI. This past weekend I was able to relive some of the "good ole' days" with one of my best friends that I have known since my freshman year of college. She is getting married in June so where else but Cedar Falls would we have her last fling before the ring! I must say it was quite the trip. After a few road bumps on the way (literally) we were able to have a flashback of once upon a time of zero worries in the world, and give Danielle the time of her life! To be completely honest, I was being a bit selfish and I couldn't wait to go back and relive my college days as well! It was so fun on the way I made a CD of the music we used to listen to every night when we would go out...sorry mom and dad but it was pretty much every night, except we took off Monday and some Tuesdays!! I remember so well the fun we had and how many times we would laugh at each other and enjoy every moment.
Going back to Cedar Falls was very different. Some things hadn't changed a lot (like the OP on the Hill) but for the most part it has definitely changed from what I remember. It is kind of how life is I guess. People grow up and move on in their lives. They change, mature, get married, have babies and have a lot more responsibility. I would look around at all the college students dancing or should I say grinding on the dance floor and I was thinking "was I like that??!!" Every once in a while (like this weekend) it is nice to get out and let your hair down, but I sure couldn't have the lifestyle I once did. I am so glad I was able to get married and have a family of my own and realize what my real role and responsibility in life really is. I am so excited that my friend is able to get married to the love of her life and experience having a family of her own someday!
I'm so glad I was able to spend this night out with Danielle. Cheers to you my friend and I can't wait for the big day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment