The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Tyce Charles!


Wow what can I say. My baby boy is one! I can't believe how time really does go by so fast. I remember people would always say to me when I was younger how "time flies." Now I know exactly what they were saying!
We celebrated Tyce's birthday last Saturday at our house. We had 21 people over, so we had a great turn out. We invited our families, our close neighbors who are like Tyce's "grandparents" and my cousins were even able to come! Which was awesome because they have little kiddos too so it was fun to get them together. It has been way too long since we have seen them!
The theme of the party was football/tailgate. Since he is such into balls and well football is kind of being forced upon him to be his favorite sport, we thought it would be a perfect theme. Plus, it was easy on my end for the food preperation. Which I need to take a moment and THANK MY SISTER FOR ALL OF HER HELP!! ONCE AGAIN, I COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT WHIHOUT YOU:) We had beef burgers (maid rites), chili, hot dogs, a football cheeseball (which my hubby made), cheese dip, chips, chocolate covered strawberries that looked like footballs, and of course cake, football cupcakes, and ice-cream. It was fun to see everyone and the fact that they came for my little man, meant the world to me!
Tyce had a good time too. He loves the attention and did wonderful with all that was going on. He of course knew exactly what to do with his cake. I did learn that he likes frosting...a lot of frosting. In fact, I think his diapers are still showing us how much frosting he really ate! Tyce didn't really get in to the present opening which was okay because his brother took care of that!


The cupcakes and the cake




Brother is helping

He is so excited, his eyes are closed.







So, here is a little bit of what Tyce has been up to-

Tyce is all boy just like his brother. He doesn't really have any other option I guess. He is kind of forced in to liking trucks, cars, racing and sports. Although I do try and broaden his interests by buying toy pianos and guitars, but he seems to go back to the cars and footballs. Tyce really likes to EAT! He is such a big boy and I am okay with the fact that his cheeks are still VERY squeezable! His favorite foods are chicken, rice, gerber puffs, yogurt, donuts, and the list could go on. This is just a few.
Tyce is so close to walking. He has been walking along the couches and pushing chairs around for a few months now, we just think he needs to get that little bit of courage to take those first few steps. He actually does take one or two, but when he knows you are close enough, he will just fall right in to your arms. He really has a lot of trust in his mom and dad :) Tyce is such a jabber box as well. It is so funny because he can say "da da" and "pa pa" which is pretty clear, but when he gets mad at Jase for taking his toy from him he does more of a frustrated grunt. His eyes get really big and he clamps his teeth together and stiffens up his arms and legs. It is funny as I write this I was trying to imitate him :) He is such a buddy as I would say.
Yay to us...we think he has finally got the sleeping thing down after a year! He was such a light sleeper that anything would wake him. Lets hope I am not speaking too soon, but for a while now he has been sleeping all night until about 6:30. If he does wake up it is just for a second or two and he usually will go right back to sleep. It is so fun to watch this little man grow and I am fortunate that I get to spend every day with him and I get to witness those moments when he will walk for the first time.

To my little guy

To my dear baby boy! One year ago you changed our lives forever. You have brought so much joy, love and laughter to your father, brother and myself. I can't imagine life without you in it. Your sweet heart will take you such a long way in life. Your smile can lighten up any room you enter and it truly melts my heart. You have such a determined personalty in which I see daily as you try to keep up with your brother and sometimes beat him at his game of "picking" on you. I can see it in your little face that this is the way you will look at the game of life. You will always be determined to succeed and you will go for what you want. You will not let anyone or anything stand in your way of what you want, rather it be a toy truck or spot on the football team. You are such a snuggler and we love that about you. I could cuddle with you all day long, but I don't know if your brother would appreciate that too much. Keep smiling everyday of your life. I love you more than life itself!! Happy 1st Birthday Tyce Charles.

No comments:

Post a Comment