The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Monday, August 16, 2010

Water Water Water!




Mama even swam with me!


Time with Dad is always so nice :)



Lake Okoboji was a blast as always. Jase absolutely loves the water. I can't even believe it! He got to swim, boat and play in the sand all weekend so you can only imagine how he was when it was time to go home. Poor buddy never wants to leave! We were also able to celebrate Jessica's Birthday on Friday. We went boating all day and then went to dinner. I think she had a good birthday. The girl of course was able to jump on her and wish her a happy birthday bright and early! Just what she wants...sorry Jess!


Before-Just getting started and can't wait!


After-When we have to go inside for the day :(

Speaking of the girl she got ANOTHER UTI :( Poor thing. She kept waking me up on Thursday night and of course I just thought she wanted down from our bed to harass everyone that was sleeping, so of course I was getting a bit annoyed with her. Come to find out, we were all getting ready to go boating on Friday, she had another accident inside the house. It was a bloody mess :( We have found a great vet in Grinnell and he called in a prescription for her to get her by for the rest of the weekend. Tomorrow she will have to go in for X-Rays to find out what the problem is. If they do find something (possible bladder stones they think) then she will have them surgically removed. Apparently dogs are not able to pass stones on their own. It will be a sad day if that is the case. Poor girl. Hopefully this will help and she will be back to herself in no time!

We we will heading to the Iowa State Fair this week as well! Jase will get to experience the fair for the second time. Last year he didn't really care, so this year he might be able to appreciate the fair a bit more. We hope he enjoys it as much as we do.

GOLFING
So since my husband is quite the golfer these days, he has been asking me to give it a try! Since we are already members of the country club in Grinnell, I thought, what the heck! I will give it a shot! On Sunday when we got back from the lake, we packed up the cart, and Jeff, Jase and I went to the course. It was quite the experience. I was really not good. Jeff was such a good teacher though. He never got frustrated with me. He is so patient! I can't tell you how many people passed us on the holes. We didn't get to finish a couple of them either because I took too many shots and it was taking too long! I will say that if I can become a better golfer, I think it would be very fun. I will definitely need to improve my swing though :) Jase had a blast too. He was able to run all around and of course he would go right for the water. He didn't quite understand why we couldn't put his life jacket on him and go swimming!

No comments:

Post a Comment