What a busy week in the Bates family but most importantly, Jeff graduated on Thursday...woo hoo! What a big day! He is finally done. Everyone is so proud of him. Even Jase! As you can see in the picture, he was so proud of him he took a little nap during the ceremony! That is how he shows his emotions :)
No but really we are all so proud of him. Jeff deserves to be done! Thumbs up to him for being in school for 9 years!
We really appreciate all of our friends and family being so supportive! They have really helped us out. I really want to thank our parents and grandparents. We couldn't have done any of this without you :) so thank you!
Jeff also started his job on Monday and he seems to like it so far! He will have to drive to Grinnell until we move but at least it isn't forever. His hours vary but Jase and I try to stay on a schedule of playing outside, eat dinner, baths and books!
As for me, I am counting down the days I have at Principal. 9 to be exact. I am going to miss the people, but I am excited for the next chapter in our lives.
I planned a surprise graduation party for Jeff on Friday night. Needless to say, I don't think he was surprised. Those are hard to plan I decided. I think someone must have slipped and told. It was still fun though. I invited all of his close friends and the family was there too. We decided to rest up the rest of the weekend. Except of course some packing. Not much else going on this week. We will continue to pack and enjoy the rest of our time in Des Moines!
We are still praying for our dear friends Derc and Steph. Steph had her baby, which is great, he just came a little to early. Kale was born last Wednesday at 24 weeks. He will have to stay in the NICU for a while so our thoughts and prayers are going out to them. They are truly wonderful people and have been blessed with an Angel!
Until next time...have a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment