I have been back and fourth about stopping this blog considering I never have a chance to write. When I do have the time, I am tired and when I am not tired I am doing something with the kiddos or my hubs. I decided to keep it going though. I can't give it up even after months of taking a break!! I don't think I even talked about the kiddos starting back to school, finishing baseball, Jase breaking his arm, Hayden starting school and Tycer starting fall soccer. Not to mention Jeffrey getting a different job, me substitute teaching as well as starting a career of my own at DMOS I know there is a lot to catch up on but I will try my best! Looking at all of that makes it very overwhelming but going through it really just didn't seem that bad:)
We ended summer with baseball for Jase and now he is in his 2nd year at Irving! We love Irving and everything about it. The year around schedule works great for us and now that Tyce is there too, it is wonderful. Jase has Mrs. Pederson (was Rensink up until two weeks ago when she got married). He loves her and so do we. We had his conference about three weeks ago and they went great. He is such a sweetheart and respects everyone in his class. We couldn't be prouder of this guy. He works very hard at everything even though school isn't the easiest for him. I can relate considering I had to study a lot when I was younger. I was actually able to substitute in his class and it was great. His whole class is a great class and Jase was so helpful. I think he thought it was pretty neat that I was teaching. Jase has a ton of friends and is such a social bug. He always wants to know what is going on even if it isn't all that important. He had his first sleep over with one of his friends. I decided to let both him and Tyce have friends over the same night on a Friday after school and I think we will wait a while before I do that again!
We have been pretty fortunate with healthy kids and haven't had to deal with hospital or many doctor visits until this summer. We had an incident with Jase at the end of July. I was in Chicago with my sister and I got a phone call "Jase fell and broke his arm." As you can imagine, I was a mess. I wasn't there with him and it killed me. He handled it like a pro of course and didn't shed a tear. He ended up breaking both bones in his left arm (non-dominant thank GOD). He was in a cast for about 6 weeks and then a splint for about 3 additional weeks. The final 3 weeks he was on fall break so that made the healing process better. I didn't have to worry about him jumping from monkey bars or running at recess. Apparently it was a pretty bad break. Kids heal so fast though so he was actually lucky he was so young and healthy. Unfortunately he missed all of fall soccer and flag football but at least it was just his arm. It could have been way worse. The idea of getting cool colors on your cast and using a saw to get the cast off made the process much better for him!
Tyce has been taking over the soccer field. Of all our kiddos, this one loves the competitiveness of sports. Don't let him fool you though. He is more of "gentle giant." He is about twice as tall as most of his friends and could probably drop them by a touch of his hand but he would't hurt a fly. He also finished his first year of Little League, He loved that as well.
Tycer started his first year at Irving in Kindergarten and is doing better than we had ever hoped for. He adjusted well, with no problems and loves school. He is very smart as well:).
He has such a BIG heart. If he has a bad day at school and you ask him why, he will respond that everyone was bad and he felt bad for Mrs. Huff (his teacher) or he felt bad for his fellow classmates. Even though he had good behavior, it hurts his feelings if they get in trouble. He continues to be a people pleaser and my little helper. If I need help finding something or doing really anything, he is there. He is such a buddy and it shows with all his friends. My hope for this one is that he sticks up for himself and has a positive self-esteem. Kids can be mean at his age and I know he knows good from bad but I also don't want him to get picked on!
Tyce and Jase are great friends. They fight like hell one minute and the next they are best friends. I have a feeling this will be a battle I will be dealing with for my whole life:) They are the perfect example of what brothers this close in age are like. Jase watches out for Tyce and helps him out at school and even playing in the neighborhood. I love seeing their relationship grow as brothers. There are days when I can't handle their nonsense but there are better days when I can't get enough of them together.
On to the little miss Mae. Our Hayden Mae is in PRESCHOOL this year. She is in the 3 day/week preschool. So that meets Monday, Wednesday and Friday. She has the same teachers the boys had so we love that and we love them! They are amazing!! I am on the preschool board so I get to have meetings with these lovely ladies. We are so fortunate to have a great preschool! Hayden is starting her first week in after care on Monday and Friday afternoons. She will basically stay at the school until we pick her up at 5:00. She seems to be excited about it and gets to take her own lunch so that is big time! We are also picking up a friend from her class everyday for school and he is in the program as well. Hayden loves school. She has such an imagination and plays so well with her friends there. I was a giant mess taking her to school the first day, but she didn't seem to mind at all. That made it easier for the days following.
Hayden is also in tumbling again. She is in the next class up so she can take the class by herself. She always has something to show us when she gets home of what she learned that day! She loves, loves, loves tumbling!!
As for Jeff and myself we have taken a bit of a different path career wise. He started a job at CVS in Target and I decided to work for DMOS. Jeff has been there for almost 3 months now and seems to like it. It is still retail pharmacy but the drive is much better and so far the company is great. He works different days every week so his schedule changes every other week. He is able to take the kiddos to school every morning, which helps me out a ton. I start my new job this week. I picked up my substitute certificate last March and did some subbing earlier this year. I also was still working at the salon twice a week as of last week. This job at DMOS just kind of happened and I decided I would like to try to go back to work. Now that the kids are all in school full or part time, it was time for me. Not that I was EVER bored but it was time I did something for me. I feel like it will be challenging at first but it will pay off and well worth it!! I am excited, nervous, scared and a little bit of everything all at once. I haven't worked full time for about seven years now so trying to adjust schedules and figuring out how to get kiddos where they need to go when they need to be there is my biggest challenge. I can't jump to conclusions and think the worse but I am not going to lie, I am just hoping it all works out! How are you supposed to know unless you try though?!!
Anyway, I am glad to be back in the blogging world and hopefully I will get a schedule figured out so I can do this more because I sure miss it!



No comments:
Post a Comment