The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Jase is 7!



We celebrated Jase the last few weeks and I say few weeks because we had his "friends" birthday the weekend before and we went to dinner at BWW for his choice birthday dinner and finally this weekend on Easter we will be celebrating with the whole family.  We are combining 3 important days all in to one this Sunday.  With Hayden's birthday on Easter Sunday and the schedules everyone has, it is just easiest this way.  So I keep saying "yes Jase you will get your gifts this Sunday."
We hit off the 7 year old with a Bowling birthday with a few of his friends from school. We piled all the kiddos in our cars and headed to Des Moines.  I think they have more fun riding around in cars listening to music then actually doing anything else.  That was one LOUD car ride though.  We chose glow in the dark bowling because, well, that will be the best.  It was a packed bowling alley with nothing but kids and parties! Jase decided he wanted a NASCAR birthday cake and I was running out of ways to do that so I took the easy way out and placed NASCAR hot wheels on the cake (made from Costco) and put some flags on it.  I bought enough Hot Wheels for everyone that came to the party so they thought it was pretty cool they got to take part of the cake home.  It was all great and I felt good until I looked to my right and Minecrat cake that the child beside us had was something you might see on the show Cake Boss.  Damn me!!  Then to our left Darth Vader showed up to his birthday party. So fail #2 for me!  Damn me again!!  We bowled for a couple hours and opened his gifts and had cake.  Jase had a blast with his friends.  They are a great group of kiddos!  






For some reason I am having issues uploading more photos from my phone.  Like I said we also went to BWW on his actual birthday on Sunday.  They sang to him and he got some ice-cream.  He seemed a littl embarrassed and super shy after they sang!  It was sweet.  
Jase is one of the most caring kids I have every met.  Even his teachers tell me that. They enjoy having him around and he he has such a big heart and he gets a long with everyone.  Those words are what every mother wants to hear.  He loves to be with others and truly cares if you are happy or sad or mad.  I couldn't have asked for a better little man to raise.  He makes it so easy...sometimes.  He definitely has his ornery side and can tease and tease his brother and sister which can drive me nutso.  He never means any harm and he is always the one that tries to calm the situation down or make the best of whatever is going on.  Jase likes to do things on his own too.  He likes his bed to himself, unless he is in my bed then he wants be there, he likes to keep his friends to himself (as in they are not Tyce's friends) and he likes to make sure everyone knows he is the oldest and can do mostly everything on his own(so he thinks).  We are so grateful for him.  It makes me sad to think he is already 7 and will be in 2nd grade already.  



To our Jase man, 
We are so fortunate to have you as our son.  We were so nervous when we first had you because we didn't know what to expect being first time parents, but you made parenting so easy.  You slept through the night so early and you still are our best sleeper.  You make life so simple and how you look at things opens our eyes too.  You keep us laughing all the time and the way you find calmness to any situation is something I wish I had!   
(So proud of the lil man my dustin is becoming,i remember ,like it was yesterday, that baby boy who stole my heart. My heart u will always have ,my love overflows!!! Growing up:  

We are so proud of you Jase!! Keep smiling and continue to be true to yourself! 
Love you!! 
Mom and Dad




No comments:

Post a Comment