Monday, July 13th marked the first day of FIRST grade for Jase. Like I said before, it really came quickly. Jase was thrilled to start. Especially after we had a meet the teacher night and he found out that all of his friends were in his class. Many people have approached me in the last few weeks and say they just can't imagine starting school right now and how they wouldn't be able to end the summer so early. Let me just clarify that starting school this early doesn't mean the the summer is over. Jase is able to do everything any child in traditional or year-around school is able to do. I am stating to understand the debate that parents and educators get in to about the subject of year-around scheduling vs. traditional. I could go on and on about this but I won't! Ha.
Jase has had a wonderful first few weeks of school. The first week is always rough getting back in routine, but we made it!! He is getting acquainted with his new teacher and having BIGGER responsibilities as a first grader. As much as I want Jase to stay little as long as possible, I can't hold his hand forever!
No comments:
Post a Comment