The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Monday, April 14, 2014

Happy birthday Daddy

It is that time of the year for birthdays I guess.  Jeffrey turned the big three one yesterday, and let me remind you we have birthday month for him not just birthDAY. He likes for his birthday to last a long time so I guess every April at least since I remember has been birthday month for him!  We really started celebrating his birthday with a surprise trip to KC for just him and myself.  Things can get a little nutso with three little ones so I thought a mini vaca would be nice for us.  We left on Tuesday morning for KC.  We spent the day on the Plaza at our favorite shops and places to visit!  We love the Plaza.  We at bbq for lunch of course and went to about every shopping place possible...just what I need!
We spent most of the day on the plaza and then headed to our hotel in the early evening to get ready for the Royals game.  We love baseball games and so ending the night at the game was perfect.  We did a little tailgating before the game and just relaxed.  RELAXING is something we have not been able to do for a while!  Even though the game was not the best, we still had a good time. We eneded up leaving early and heading back to the hotel for some drinks at the bar.  Yep that didn't happen.  We ended up grabbing a few drinks and falling asleep before the News even came on.  Typical of us!!  Even though we went to bed early and decided against the whole "going out" scene we still had a blast and it was nice to hang out with just my hubby for once!
On Saturday we had the whole family together for a yummy dinner at Jethro's bbq.  Obviously you can tell my husband is a big fan of bbq!  It was a fun night to have everyone together and celebrate my hubby.  I mean he is the reason we have three beautiful children and the reason I thank God everyday that he is my husband!  His actual birthday was yesterday and he celebrated with a night out with his friends.  We are so lucky we have such great friends so close to us.  He had a great birthday WEEK I can say, so we will see what the rest of the month has to bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment