The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Monday, October 7, 2013

A much needed weekend with some old friends!

Last weekend we took a little road trip to Swisher, Iowa to see our friends Katie and Ben.  Jeff and Ben played football together and UNI and Katie and I became friends from watching our boyfriends play ball every weekend.  They have 4 amazing kiddos so it was time we finally got to see how much Brynn (the oldest) and Luke (the next oldest) have grown and finally get to meet John (the third oldest) and baby Cameron (the baby).  It was so incredibly fun and honestly a shock.  Going into the weekend I wasn't sure how it was going to be with 7 kids including 2 infants, and 4 adults, but it was really a good time.  The boys were able to play with Luke as he showed them different football moves and how to pick berries and play some kind of tree tag games, while the adults and the babies were able to watch some football and have adult conversations of old times in college.  I laughed so hard I cried.  Even though we had a late night, it was well worth it!  I miss the Deike's and I hope we are able to make more memories.  We shared so many special times with them in College and Katie and I became so close she was in my wedding. They hold very special places in our hearts and they will always be close to us.  It is great that our kids can play together and have such an amazing time as we did in college!



I was able to catch a few of the kiddos all in one spot.  To be honest they were all over the place so I couldn't get the all together!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment