The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Iowa State Fair

Oh the joys of going to the fair!!  The crowds, the interesting people and the lovely butter cow...haha.  I actually do enjoy going to the fair at least once or twice a year.  This year we were able to get their twice.  We took the boys once and headed out just husband and wife (and wife's friends) for the final concert in the Grandstand.  The boys of course loved the fair.  As they do anything else.  I haven't gotten them to like any of the fair food yet...which is something I look forward to...so that will have to come later.
The anticipation in the eyes of these two boys was so funny.  They remember the fair from last year but this year they were able to walk it and really experience it full force (minus eating anything except mini donuts).  Jase of course wanted to do the BIG yellow slide over and over and over again. Tyce of course hated it and just "can't like it" as he would say.  My J-man loves rides so much he cried when we told him he was too little to do the GIANT windmill and the GIANT sling shot.  I hope he grows out of that because this mama will be scared to death when he goes out on his own!!  The other highlights of the fair were riding the sky glider (Tycer's choice) and riding or should I say sitting on all the gators, tractors and John Deere mowers.  And when I say ALL I mean ALL.  Also, looking at the giant bull was fun too.  Especially when your four year old says "mommy, look at the ba**s on that"  haha.  It was quite comical but also embarrassing.  Kids will be kids I guess!

 Tycer scared to death!  Holding on for dear life. 
 I think Aunt Erin likes it! 
 Aunt Erin was able to enjoy the big slide too! 





Last Sunday Jeff and I were able to go to the Gary Allen and Alan Jackson concert with a couple of my friends!  It was such a nice getaway for us even though Jeff had to hang with three very lovely ladies that like to have a few beverages every once in a while!!  :)









No comments:

Post a Comment