The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Welcome Hayden Mae!



On Wednesday March 27, 2013 we welcomed our sweet baby girl Hayden Mae to the world.  She is pure perfection!  We love her so much and we can't get enough of her sweet face and little sounds she makes.  We have been waiting for this day for so long, so it seems so surreal that the day we were able to hold her in our arms for the first time is finally here.








Her first bath in the hospital...not a huge fan of those yet!! 
We headed to the hospital on Wednesday morning.  Both Jeff and myself were nervous, anxious and just ready for the next couple of hours to pass.  Once we arrived, it was pretty smooth sailing.  All the nurses and doctors were prepared for our arrival so we didn't have to do a whole lot.  We headed into the OR around 7:30 and our baby girl was born at 7:57.  All i remember thinking was she was the most beautiful thing in the world.  Nothing can compare to the moment you see your baby for the first time.  The doctors checked her over and she was perfect.


After having one unplanned birth and two planned c-sections, I decided that I prefer not knowing what is to come. The anticipation and the "knowing" of what is going to happen is what makes me nervous. The good part is that you have a baby in a matter of minutes rather than hours, and since Jase was such a long labor and delivery, this is a good thing for me!



Once the section was over, we headed to the recovery where I was able to hold and nurse our sweet girl for the first time. Another moment I will ever forget.  It was perfect.  She was such a good eater from the start, and since I feel like I just stopped breast feeding Tyce, it was like riding a bike.  You just don't forget how to do it.

We were able to get to our room shortly after and the first thing I thought of was the boys.  They have been staying with both my parents and Jeff's parents until we are able to get settled.  My parents brought them up when Jase got out of school.  They both surprised us by how they acted.  Tyce especially surprised us.  He was so interested in Hayden and wanted to hold her and touch her immediately.  Jase was a little worried about mommy.  He didn't like the fact that I had things sticking in me and that I was laying in a bed looking tired and on some pretty strong pain meds. He loved how little Hayden was though.  It was such an amazing feeling to see all of your kiddos together and so happy.  They are all truly a blessing.



We were able to come home after 4 days and we are loving every second we spend with Hayden Mae. She is a great baby so far and is pretty low maintenance.  She probably knows she has to be considering when her brothers come home later this week, she will have to be a go with the flow kind of gal.  She wakes up 2-3 times a night to eat or change a poopy diaper (she poops a lot).  I honestly don't mind it at all.  She is a great baby...I know I may have said that once already!  To be honest I am more sore from the surgery this time and not as tired!! Her sweet face is easy to wake up to!


I feel like my life is complete!  I can't thank God enough for all he has blessed me with.   

To Hayden-
My Daughter...I wish you the strength to face the challenges with confidence...along with the wisdom to choose your battles carefully...I wish you adventure on your journey and may you always stop to help someone along the way...Listen to your heart and take risks carefully...Remember how much you are loved...We are so proud of you!!
We are so excited for what is to come.  And the joy you bring to your brother's eyes already just melts my heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment