The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Daddy's Days off

We have been able to enjoy some time as a family of four for the past few weeks!  Whenever Daddy has a break from work we try to find something to do for at least one of the kiddos.  Not to mention my "to do" list of things to do around the house before the baby girl comes keeps getting bigger and bigger, so we are keeping pretty busy.  We have list of things we want to get done before the baby gets here but finding the time to do it is another story.  I have to plan according to when Jeff is off because on the long weeks/weekends he works I feel like he is just "visiting" home!  I can do a number of things by myself but doing them with two energetic little boys I have found is not that easy!  When Jeff was off work on Thursday, my mom and I headed off to find some material for the little girls room for some projects she is helping me with.  We also went to Hobby Lobby to find the things I needed for Tycer's room.  Jeff got to spend a lot of time with the boys this weekend so it was a nice bonding time for the three of them.  I even planned a dinner date with one of my best friends on Saturday while he watched the kiddos again!  Jeff is a pretty amazing guy.  He is so hard working and does everything he can to make his family happy.  He knows when it gets to be about the time I need a little get away by myself.  Especially in the winter when the boys and I will go days without leaving the house.  You start to go a little crazy!   

We try to get the "stuff" done around the house on the weekends so that the two days off Jeff has during the week we can enjoy with the boys.  We have been able to take Jase bowling which was a fun time for all of us.  We left Tyce at home sleeping with Grandma while the three of us ventured off to the Bass Pro Shop for some bowling time with our oldest guy!  Tyce is at the "my parents put me down and I take off stage" so we decided taking him bowling might not be the best idea at his age.  Who knows where the kid would end up...in the gutters or knocking down the pins himself.  Plus he was sleeping so he didn't really know!
Jase loved it.  I wanted to get him to try bowling in the thought of doing that for his birthday this year but we decided that we would have the party at home.  Jase absolutely loved the bowling and of course did not want to leave when the time was up.  The Bass Pro was a perfect spot for him too.  It was very kid friendly and he was able to get the full bowling experience.



Daddy and Jase were also able to go to the Science Center.  I honestly don't know if this experience was more for Jase of Jeff!  With it being so cold outside, you have to find ways to get out.  Jeff and Jase both had a fun time at the Science Center while mommy and Tyce ran a few errands.  Jeff said once again Jase didn't want to leave when it was time to go.  I think Jase might be a math and science guy like his dad...very unlike his mom!!  Jase had story after story to tell me about all the fun things they were able to build at the Science center.  He was able to build a rocket and his went the highest (with the help of his dad of course).  He said he also saw snakes and turtles.  These were some of the highlights.  Jeff wanted to see a Chemistry presentation they were doing that day, but that unfortunately was not on Jase's agenda!


Yesterday we were able to take the kids sledding.  It was a little cold but when you are a kid sledding, cold doesn't really matter.  We went to the old Catholic Church which is the hot spot in Indianola to sled.  I wasn't able to get in the fun of going up and down the hills.  I probably could have gone down, but getting up would have been another story!  They enjoyed every bit of sledding!  They didn't even mind walking back up the hill.  As a kid I remember I hated that part...maybe because my older sister always made me carry the sled up too (right Erin).  The boys probably went up and down the hill a dozen times before mom and dad had to ruin the fun because it was so cold!  We assured them there would be plenty of opportunities to sled!!






We are trying to soak up every moment we can with our crazy boys before things get even crazier!  The boys are growing up every single day, so we are doing the best we can to make the most of this time with them and as a family of four!  




           

No comments:

Post a Comment