
My little Police officer and Prisoner survived Halloween week and they loved every minute of it. I thought the costumes were pretty fitting for both of them. Jase was very excited to be a police officer this year. He decided that he was going to tell everyone that went trick-or-treating that they "must stay on the sidewalk!" When he puts that costume on he pretty much thinks he rules the roost, and he will point to the badge on the side of his shirt to show everyone that he is a policeman. He also wanted to ride in a police car, but I had to go through a long explanation that we can't just go a ride in a police car and when we are riding in one, it isn't always a good sign. It usually means we have done something bad or wrong. That little guy is full of so many questions. Since Tyce can't really decide for himself yet what he wants to be for Halloween, I decided for him and what else what I choose but a Prisoner. He was a good little prisoner though. He wore the outfit and was pretty proud of it. He didn't complain once and stuck right by his brother during the festivities. It was fun to have the boys dressed up with a common theme this year!!
We continued the celebration today by going to our friend, Sherri's house. As most of you know, I have been taking the kids to Sherri's once a week. She has been great. We will miss her when we move :(. Sherri had a big Halloween party planned with all of her daycare kiddos. She had them all dress up in their costumes and she had fun games, cookie decorating and some awesome holiday activities to do with the kids. They had a good time and loved dressing up.

Tonight we ended the Halloween hype with trick-or-treating. They boys were pumped and really, so were Jeff and myself!! We headed over to our old neighborhood where we knew most of the people. The boys were quite the hit. Jase of course had to ask everyone "where did you get this candy?" One of the funniest comments he made was when we were at an older man's house and his dog was barking at the boys Jase decides to tell the man "your dog is being bad, sir." After that comment we told him that maybe he should just stick with saying "trick-or-treat" and "thank you." Tyce did great too. He is such a grabber. When people would say to them that they could take as much candy they want, Jase would of course grab one piece and Tyce would take the handful, hence why the costumes were so fitting! Our trick-or-treating lasted for about an hour and fifteen minutes and the boys were ready to go. It was cold and getting late so we headed home. I have a better appreciation for Halloween now after having kids. I see what happiness and joy it brings to them so that makes me a happy mom!
I hope everyone also had a Happy Halloween!
No comments:
Post a Comment