The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

BIG boy with BIG dreams ahead!

Well the time has come when my oldest little man goes to school!  It was a huge milestone in the Bates household today.  Everyone (even Ady) was preparing for this day.  By Ady, I mean she was running around  as nervously as I was this morning so she knew something was up.

Jase was more than ready for today.  He woke up as happy as could be, and couldn't wait to get dressed and get pictures taken so we could get in the car and head off to school.  I think I was rushing him a bit because at the speed he was eating his breakfast, you wouldn't think we had anything to do today!  Last Thursday we had an open house at his school, so he was able to get acquainted with the classroom and all the teachers.  He absolutely loved all the activities they had and of course when it was time to go, he didn't want to go.  Explaining to a 3 year old that "oh Jase you will get to come back next week," isn't the easiest.  He didn't care, he wanted to stay.  That made Jeff and I feel great though, because we knew he would love it!  After breakfast this morning we did just as we said we would. We went outside took pictures, had a little bit of down time, jumped in the car and went to school.  Daddy unfortunately was not able to see Jase off on his first day, but we called him and sent him all the pictures so he didn't feel like he missed a lot.  Every month someone has to bring snack and since our last name starts with first letter B, second letter A, I figured that we would have the first snack.  I figured right!  We decided to take cheese and crackers with some apples and water to drink.  So this was something else I had to tackle by myself.  If you can picture this...Jase, Tyce, and myself carrying a case of bottled water with two bag fulls of snacks, and I was trying to take pictures at the same time!  Lets just say I didn't get any pictures at the school.  I had enough to tackle!!  Once we got inside the school, Jase remembered from open house where to put his backpack.  He also remembered that he needed to find his name on the board for attendance and wash his hands.  The boy is so smart.  He remembers everything you do and say!!  I was such a proud mama :)  Jase got settled in with all the chaos of parents taking pictures, kids playing games and talking to the teachers.  The little guy just sat at the table and played with the toys he remembered from open house.  I kissed him goodbye and we were gone.





As I sit here and write about this...I'm sad and I'm so happy.  I knew this day would come and I knew he would have to grow up sometime, but this fast...really?!?!  Where did time go.  It is a bittersweet time for me. At times I am so prepared for just having one kiddo at home so I can actually get some things done around the house (lets face it, having one child by themselves is almost like having zero) and I don't have to deal with screaming boys fighting over the same truck or car.  At other times, like right now, I want both my boys here with me.  I want to make sure they are both okay and I know they are okay.



Jase will do wonderful and I know it.  He is so curious about everything and asks so many questions that you will almost get tired of him asking!  I know his teachers will see what a great little guy he is.  Who wouldn't want Jase around!!



 Ready for open house

 We found our hood for our back pack! 

 Ready for the first day!

of course the Cars back pack

Dear God,
I hope you are keeping my little Jase safe and sound in his preschool class.  Please give him the strength and courage today that he needs to open up to his teachers and trust his classmates.  Please help him get out of his shy phase because I know that he will start off this way.  Let him open up and show his true colors to his classmates and teachers.  Although, don't let him get too crazy and start being the year off that way.  Please help his mom get through the tears and sadness and allow her to understand this is the best thing for him!
Thank you God for watching over him.  
Amen. 

See you in a couple hours kiddo!  I can't wait to hear how your day was!  We love you so much!            

No comments:

Post a Comment