The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Monday, September 24, 2012

And we are at it again...

Well here we go again.  Baby time!!  That's right folks.  Baby #3 will be here this spring!   I am going through a little bit of every emotion possible at this point.  Excited, scared, nervous, happy, sad, etc. etc. etc.    On top of that I have never felt worse!  This has been by far the hardest pregnancy for me.  I have been as sick as can be on top of chasing two very energetic little men every single day.  I wouldn't wish this feeling upon my worst enemy!  I honestly didn't really "get it" when my friends would tell me they were so sick with their pregnancies and they felt so bad all the time.  I felt fine with both of the boys.  With Jase I didn't feel sick really at all and Tyce was a little nausea at the very beginning but that was about it.  This time around is much different.
Lets just say that I would not have made it through this sick time without the help of my family.  My family has been so supportive and so helpful in every way.  I can't thank my husband enough.  He has taken on the role of Dad, Mom, house keeper, errand runner, worker, grocery shopper, cook, child runner, etc. etc. etc.  I can't stand the smell of food so he has to cook everything.  I can't stand the looks of food so he has to do the grocery shopping.  I am so incredibly tired that it takes everything for me to run the kids where they need to go and get them to their weekly activities on time!!  When Jeff is off of work, he is doing it all and hasn't complained or said a thing to me about it.    
There hasn't been a single day in our lives since we have been married that Jeff hasn't said to me "Thank you for being my wife."  I can't thank him enough for all he does for our family.  I couldn't ask for a better husband or father to our little boys, and soon to be 3 little kiddos.  He is truly a blessing to me and I feel so fortunate to have met someone so right for me.
I think I can speak for both Jeff and myself when I say we feel a bit overwhelmed at this point.  Maybe more so for myself but some days we are constantly chasing our two boys around to the point we just need a break, so adding a third little one to the bunch will be a bit of a challenge!!!  I often feel a bit anxious about having another child and wonder "how the heck am I going to do this??"  I have days when I can't wait for Jeff to get home because the tears are just pouring out of my eyes and I feel so emotionally drained with a 3 year old that stands his own ground and listens to only what he really wants to listen to, and a 1 (almost 2) year old that works so hard on keeping up with his brother and wants to please only him and could really not care what mom has to say!  I have to remember the good times I have with the boys too and how much of a blessing they really are.  I have to tell myself that "everything is going to work out and be okay," and that this is a good thing and the boys do bring so much happiness to our lives and one more can only bring more!
Hopefully I am at the end of the road with being sick, and will get to feeling more up to doing things besides sleeping.  I want to be able to enjoy the boys together as just the two of them before the chaos begins at the end of March.  As much as I hate being pregnant anyway, I want to be able to enjoy the holidays coming up and really get excited about sharing our holiday traditions with the boys.  My little guys are only little once so I need to soak in every single second  that I can with them!!!             

No comments:

Post a Comment