The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Funny/not so funny times with great people :)

"Oh S*** Jenna, Jase just fell out of the tube!!"  Yes these were the words coming out of my mouth as I am jumping into the lake from a moving boat to get my son out of the water.  Not only was I thinking I was going to save him, but I thought I was going to swim to him faster than the boat!!  I guess it was a motherly instinct to jump in and save my baby boy!!
This was just one of the not so funny/funny moments of some boating time we had with our friends. Scott and Jenna asked us to go boating with them a couple weeks ago with the boys!  It was such a fun day (except the little incident mentioned before) for all of us.  We were able to get Jase out on a tube but the Tycer was just not old enough yet, although he wanted to.
We played on the beach and swam in the water with the kiddos.  They had an absolute blast.  The only bad part was like I said before, when Jase fell in the water from the tube.  We were going maybe 5 mph and letting Jase and Kayla ride on the tube since we were going to slow.  Of course sweet Kayla was just sitting in the tube holding on and smiling the whole time, while Jase was standing up putting his head over the back of the tube.  I guess that is the difference between girls and boys!! All of the sudden I am having a conversation with Jenna while watching the kiddos behind the boat and all I can see are Jase's legs go up in the air as he slides down the back of the tube.  I am not kidding when I said that I didn't know what else to do but jump in after him.  My husband was not pleased with the awesome move I made but I didn't know what else to do.  At least we found out how well life jackets really do work as well as his swimming lessons from last summer.  Jase knew to roll on his back while the jacket allowed him to float on the water.  I was pretty impressed with my little guy!  Poor Kayla though, didn't know what to think!  I am sure she told her mom and dad that we were nuts and that Jase boy is quite crazy!!  In the end though, we had such an awesome day with our friends and we miss them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment