We bought our first house
I would have to say the biggest purchase we made this summer was our new home. We are still getting settled in, but we are getting there. I continuously move things around and have different ideas everyday of what I want to put on the walls, but I am sure by the time we are ready to move again (not in the near future...hopefully) the house will be put together.
Trips to Lake Okoboji
We were able to make a few trips to the lake this summer. It was nice because Jase was able to really appreciate boating, swimming and just having fun at the lake. Jeff and I both have memories at the lake with our families, so we are thrilled we get to start new memories with our family.
Our fun walks
We walk daily. It might be around the block or around the "uptown" square, but we have been able to enjoy the days with a walk. On hot days we are able to get ice-cream.
Our trips to see Dad
A couple times a week we like to go to Hy-Vee so we can see Dad. The trip starts with a bag of popcorn that everyone can get as they enter the store. It usually ends with another bag of popcorn as we leave since our bag of popcorn has been dumped all over the floor. Lets just say they Hy-Vee employees always know when we are there because there is popcorn everywhere.
Jase turns two and a half
I can't believe Jase is already two and a half! He has grown so much. I think he gets his stubborn ways from his mom. We have been working on going to the potty, sleeping in his big boy bed and talking talking talking! The potty is not going the best but hopefully by the time he is ready for preschool he will be a pottying champ! It is so frustrating for me though. I think I put too much pressure on the poor guy. Of course you want your child to be the BEST and the SMARTEST. So I just always assume that when Jase sits on the potty he will go. He should know, right? It isn't that easy and it is quite exhausting. After 4 hours of sitting on the potty in the mornings, still nothing in the potty. Seriously Jase, I know you have to go. Your diaper was dry and you haven't peed for like 14 hours. This is usually the conversation I am having in my head every morning! In the mean time Tyce is trying to climb all over Jase while he is sitting on the potty and tug on his you know what!!!! My mornings are very interesting. He is doing good in his big boy bed too. Some nights we find him quietly coming in to our room, climbing up in our bed and laying down at Jeff's feet. It is the cutest thing because he doesn't want to wake us but he wants us to sleep where he is! I can't really get mad at the little man for the nights this happens, considering I did the same thing :) Right mom and dad! Jase is talking more each day. We work on putting two to three words together. I wish he would talk a little more, but he will get there. I am always comparing and listening to other kids his age, and of course they seem to talk a lot more than Jase. I really need to stop doing that! Jase doesn't like his brother to have any of his toys. Sharing has been the topic of discussion lately. Every time Tyce gets a toy, Jase is right there to take it away. Poor Tyce! Hopefully one day they will love each other and be the best of friends! Jase is very protective of his brother though. If someone he doesn't know is holding or talking to Tyce, he gets upset and wants his brother put down. He is constantly giving him hugs and kisses too. Which will melt my heart every time.
Jase has been a ball of energy and quite the entertainer. He brings a smile to my face daily and he is such a smart boy. Sometimes I have no idea how he remembers things. It is funny the things your children observe, say and do. For instance, every bug is a bee. For some reason...thanks to a Curious George episode, yes he is still obsessed with CG...they had an episode on bees and honey so now everything that flies, crawls or jumps is a bee and he swats it with his hand. Jase definitely keeps me on my toes. Some days he can be so fun and enjoyable, the next day he can be such a little trouble maker. I guess that is why they call them the "terrible twos" He is still really big into trucks, balls, airplanes and trains. He also got the hang of his tricycle. This was an accomplishment for Jase! I love this little boy to pieces. His hugs and kisses can turn my bad days into great ones.
Jase
A potty shot!
Tyce turns 9 months old
I have no idea where time has gone. Tyce is already nine months old. We went to the doctor for his check up and he is in the 75th percentile for both height and weight. He is weighing in at 23 pounds and he is 29 inches long! The little booger is on the go NON STOP! He is doing everything from an army crawl, to a baby crawl to a bear walk. He can take a few steps on his own with the support of someone or something. This is completely different than Jase. Jase was doing everything much later. I guess Tyce is trying to keep up with his big brother. Tyce is getting the hang of defending himself. If Jase takes a toy from him, he will grab it right back. Also, if we are in a bedroom, and Jase leaves the room, Tyce shuts the door on him so he can't get back in. It is very entertaining. Tyce is also clapping and waving "bye, bye." All you have to do is tell him to clap or wave "bye, bye" and he will do it! It is precious. He is such a strong little nugget. It is amazing how much he can push and pull around. Jeff and I joke that one day it will be interesting to see Tyce put Jase in his place because at the rate this boy is growing, he will be able to do just that. Not to mention feeding these boys one day I am sure will be a treat. Lets just say there is A LOT of boy in this house. Tyce is starting to eat a lot of solid foods and he will eat about anything and everything.
Tyce is in a phase right now where he won't sleep. It really starts to exhaust me after a while too. He will be okay for about 4 hours after we lay him down at night, and then for about an hour or more it is a battle to get him back to sleep. some nights he ends up in our bed because I am too tired to deal with it! I am sure that is not the best answer, but I guess that leaves me with another Mom of the Year reward, right!?? Hopefully this is just a phase and he will go back to sleeping all night in his won bed. I spend all day everyday with the boy and I honestly don't know when he sleeps!! Tyce is really into playing with anything his brother plays with. You can just tell that he looks up to Jase so much and wants to please him in every way. Tyce is such a happy boy. I forgot how much fun this age is.
Tyce
Drool all over from two teeth coming in.
Clapping position
No comments:
Post a Comment