Jase and Tyce loved the lake. We knew Jase would love boating again this year, but we were a little nervous about Tyce. He did great! He mostly slept on the boat but he was a lively one in the water! He loved taking the raft out on the lake and floating. I, being the crazy paranoid mother that I am, was constantly worried that he was too hot, or he didn't like the bumps on the boat. I needed to relax, he was loving it!
Jase of course loved swimming and playing in the sand. He and Grandma had a lot of fun on the beach!
Okoboji is a place where Jeff and I both have memories from when we were children and we want to continue those memories for our children. It is funny because we both would vacation there when we were younger. It is a place we can go and "get away" from reality for a while. It is a place where we can relax (as much as I can) and have a good time. It is always hard to leave the lake but we know we will be returning! Don't worry, Ady the girl went too! Oh I know you are all asking!
We decided to come back on Monday morning so we could do some things around the house. Jeff has off until tomorrow so he had a nice long break as well. We went to the Grinnell 4th of July parade so Jase could see all the trucks and tractors. He could care less about the candy. The boys didn't quite make it for the fireworks but we let them try! We decided that we would let Jase stay up as late as he wanted and if he was still awake by the time the fireworks were going to let off, then we would wake Tyce up and go and see them. I think he made it to 8:45...which is late for the little man. He was pretty exhausted from the weekend.
Tomorrow we start up gymnastics again and we are going to the DM Zoo. It is my mom's birthday on Friday so we are going to visit her for the day tomorrow!
Until next time, have a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment