The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

What a fun filled weekend we had. Grandpa and Grandma Bates took everyone to the Omaha Zoo for the weekend. It was a fun time for the whole family. We left Friday night and spent the evening at Papa and Grandma's and headed out around 9 on Saturday. Jase decided to nap for a total of 20 minutes that whole day, but really he wasn't too bad. Jase loved the zoo. He is really at the age where he loves to just people watch and run after other kids! We had to pull him the opposite way a few times. He is also at the age where he wants to do what HE wants to do and no one will take him away from that. That age of two! What a fun age though. He is starting to talk and says "yeah" to just about anything! We also found out Jase loves merry-go-rounds and train rides! Wow-wee (this is something he says all the time).
Tyce did really great too. He on the other had slept the entire way and even held off to eat much longer than he usually would! He must have known we were on a vaca!! The worse part was, we didn't really have anywhere to warm his bottle when we got to the zoo, so he had to eat a nice bottle of "cooler" breast milk. I say cooler because the man behind the counter at the IMAX warmed it the best he could. Yum!! He didn't complain at all though. What a trooper! Both the boys were great!
Jeff, Jess and I were even able to enjoy some time out on the town in Omaha. Great-grandma Lorna and Grandma Bates watched the boys and put them to sleep for us! Thank you!!! It was nice to get out and what a fun place to visit!
Both boys slept great in the hotel and by the end of the trip we were all tired. We left Sunday mid-morning after Jess and Jase took a dip in the hotel pool! We got to see my parents on Sunday for a while since we had to stop and get the girl! Grandma Johny was there too. Ady has been able to have quite the vacas lately too. Mama Bates was super tired on Mother's Day and spent a little while in the bathroom when we got home :( I think I must have caught a bug or something but I must say it was a GREAT mother's day!! My family is amazing and I have the best boys in the world! I want to say thanks! I wouldn't be the mom or the person I am today without all of you in it :)


Gettin ready to ride the merry-go-round



Hanging with Aunt Jess






Monkey is showing us his bum





Splashing in the pool






There's the big little man! Blowing bubbles I am sure :)


No comments:

Post a Comment