The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pumpkin Carving...or Jase getting a new tractor?!?

First of all...Congratulations to my sister Erin. She has an interview at Des Moines University for Physcians Assistant! She has the interview at the end of November which means she will be home for just a few days around Thanksgiving time. How EXCITING! This means she is one step closer to all of us in Iowa! Love you sis!

Today we carved pumpkins. We decided that we would carve just two of them and see how much of a helper Jase would be. He got a new tractor today so the helping wasn't quite there but at least he was able to see what carving a pumpkin is all about! Jeff and I had a good time doing it at least. He has much more patience then I do but it was a little easier then it used to be when I was little and would carve pumpkins with my family. I remember getting so mad because I couldn't stay in the lines so my mom would have to finish my pumpkin :) I think being a mom myself has taught me to be a little more patient then I used to be.











Earlier this week our neighbors got Jase a new hat and football. They are huge UNI fans and go the all the games so they brought some thngs back for the boy. They have grown very close to him since we have moved here. We like to "mow" their yard and we try to make a visit over there at least once a day. He was very excited to show "Da" what they got him when he got home from work.
My parents were here for the weekend helping me get the boys' room ready for T.C.B. We or should I say they hung more curtains and my mom and I went through all of Jase's old clothes! He was such a little man. I can't believe he was so small at one point in time. I hope T.C.B will get some use out of some of the clothes because they all look brand new :)






We wanted to dress like "Da" too




We are getting closer to the new arrival of Bates #2. I had a doctor's appointment today and everything is looking great. T.C.B is head down and I am measuring right on. Although I feel like I am measuring at about 50 weeks if that is possible. Jeff and I will meet with the surgeons next Tuesday that will be performing the C-section. I have decided to do a repeat C-Section since Jase was a C-section. I was in labor for 23 hours and pushed for 3 and couldn't get the little 9 pounder out so when we found out I was pregnant again, I was not going to disagree with the doctor when he said we would do a repeat C-Section! Other then that we are getting ready for Halloween and the busy time ahead of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment