The Bates Family

The Bates Family

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Friends Giving

Oh the joys of the Holiday have begun!  I love everything about the holidays...minus spending too much money, and the crowds at the mall, and the constant BUSYness, so I guess you can say I don't like every single thing about the holidays but most things I can say I love!
Last weekend we kicked off the holiday joy and celebrated what you would call Friends Giving!  My friend Grace and myself decided to host a fun party/Thanksgiving Feast/Thanksgiving with our friends.  Hence why we call it Thanksgiving.  We have been planning for months so when last Saturday finally came, it was almost like a real holiday!

We decided to have everyone bring a side dish while Grace and myself provided the main food items and drinks.  It started around 1 pm and I don't think I went to bed until 2 am.  It was a long day but an amazing one!  We started with appetizers while everyone arrived and settled.  We moved on to the BIG FEAST once everyone got there which was then followed by dessert.  It was like any other Thanksgiving.  They guys relaxed and played cards for hours while the ladies (after clean up of course) were involved in some intense board games such as Apples to Apples.  We also brought out some old high school favorite card games that we all loved to play.    Good thing everyone was in comfy clothes too...

It ended up working with the kiddos too.  Mema Bates and Aunt Jess took Jase to the UNI Panther game in CF while Tyce was able to spend sometime overnight with Mema and Papa Roger.  Hayden was there too but came home to sleep for the evening.  Plus she had fund with the ladies!!
The perfect day with the most amazing friends and it will be a tradition we will carry on for a long time!








No comments:

Post a Comment